Saturday 25 March 2023

March Rudolph Day

It's time for another Rudolph Day and another cross stitch Christmas card (cross stitch cards are my RD theme this year).  Lynne (Lynne's Craft Haven) contacted me after I posted my February RD card to offer me some Christmas cross stitch magazines.  Not only did Lynne post me several magazines, but she also sent me some cross stitch kits - this cute 'Merry Christmas from Boofle' kit was one of them.  Thank you Lynne!

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" cream hammer card blank
     Cross Stitch Card Shop 'Merry Christmas from Boofle' cross stitch kit
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX Die-namics' die
     Snippet of cream hammer card

The kit contained a patterned card for the cross stitch to be patched.  However, I wanted to place the design behind an aperture so I used the patterned card for another project and die cut a stitched square aperture in the centre of the card blank.  The completed stitching was fastened to the rear of the aperture and a snippet of cream card inserted inside the card to cover the back of the stitching.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Wrapeed Up for Christmas
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes   
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Rudolph Day- March challenge
     The Cutie Pie Challenge - Something beginning with B (I have chosen Boofle)

Kath x

9 comments:

meg said...

He's adorable,beautifully stitched as always Kath

Pat said...

What a cute Christmas card feature this fun cross stitched dog Kath, and how lovely of Lynne to send you the magazines and kits. x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
Happy Rudolf Days.
This is such a very wonderful card and your cross stitch is fabulous.
Love your theme for this year can't wait to see more.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Lynne said...

A lovely card made with Boofle Kath. Pleased to see them getting some use rather than gathering dust here x

scrappymo! said...

What a sweet ca5d. These cross-stitched cards are so sweet as the recipient could use them as fabulous ornaments the following Christmas!
Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Stamps and Paper said...

Adorable Christmas cross stitch card Kath..

Anne

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! You are so clever, Kath. Thanks for joining Monika and me at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful creation thank you for joining in over at MLC this time. Do join in again we would love to see you there Elaine DT x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Kath. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx