Sunday 2 April 2023

Everyone Needs a Friend Like You

I made this card to send to Mia for the March Card Chain Challenge using the Colour Option (Carrot, Shamrock & Spice), the Theme Option (Friendship) and the Product Option (Stamps). 

At first I was unsure how to use the colours and then decided 'Carrot' would be perfect for my new (preloved but new to me!) French Marigold dies.


To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white hammer card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics', Creative Expressions 'Finishing Touches - French Marigold', 'Finishing
          Touches - Pierced Summer Blooms' and Tattered Lace 'Mini Butterfly' dies
     Practical Publishing 'Stamps for All Occasions' sentiment stamp
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Sakura orange coloured pencil
     Snippets of orange, green and brown textured card
     Wink of Stella

I used the largest stitched circle die to emboss a circle in the centre of the card blank and set it aside.  I die cut the three different size French Marigold flowers from orange card and used an dark orange coloured pencil to colour the centres of the petals before layering them.  I cut three different size leaves from green card and the smallest circle from the Pierced Summer Blooms set from brown card.  I placed the card blank into my MISTI and laid the flower and leaves onto it so I could see where the place the sentiment.  I removed the flower and leaves before stamping the sentiment a couple of times with brown ink ensuring a good depth of colour.  I used the orange pencil to colour 'YOU' before attaching the flower and leaves above the sentiment.  I die cut a small butterfly from brown card and attached it above the sentiment.  To finish I highlighted 'YOU' and the centre of the flower with a Wink of Stella.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Crafty Calendar Challenge - Die Cuts
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     NBUS - Challenge 49 (my French Marigold dies)
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 451


This is the lovely card I received from Marga - 

Kath x

20 comments:

Sarn said...

Beautiful card for the Card Chain Challenge - and a lovely card received in return.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Right, I’m after you . . . nearly caught you and tagged you! LOL! x

Pat said...

This is such a beautiful card Kath, and I love the dimension of the wonderful bright flower and together with the little butterfly and sentiment are perfect for the brief, and the embossed double stitched circle using a die makes a great frame too. I'm sure Tina will have loved receiving this. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous take on the colors, Kath - just love your layered flower with the textured background!!

meg said...

A beautiful flower and framed sentiment Kath

Viv said...

Beautiful card Kath. x

Julia Aston said...

I love that hammered paper you used on your card base Kath (I just ordered some on Amazon - arriving any day now) the colors are perfect for your beautiful marigold and such pretty subtle framing with your circle die. Your sentiment is lovely with the mixture of fonts and the YOU colored in! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

Carrot did indeed work perfectly for the marigold — lovely card Kath, the colours looks great on the crisp white!

brenda said...

A± really pretty card for Mia and so effective using the die to emboss the base panel Kath, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Linby said...

A gorgeous cas design and I love the detail on the white space. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

Liz said...

Beautiful card Kath, I'm sure Mia was thrilled to receive it. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Di said...

Beautiful card Kath - so clever to use the double stitched die to emboss. Truth be told I've forgotten how to do that - it makes a perfect frame. Nice work!

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Popping back to say thank you for also joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month with your beautiful card.
Liz xx

HilaryJane said...

I think you have used the colours brilliantly. I love it, I bet Mia does too xx

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Kath! Using a marigold for that color scheme was a brilliant idea and I love the awesome font on the sediment with the colored and winked YOU! Great eye placing that sweet butterfly to perfectly balances the elements. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kath, a gorgeous flower and lovely sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pia S said...

This is lovely, Kath. I have totally forgotten about the possibility to use a die for embossing it’s very effective on this design.

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

What a gorgeous card, Kath!
Hugs D xx

Arlene said...

What a beautiful card!

Imke said...

Beautiful card for the Card Chain Challenge, Kath. I like the embossed circle and the tiny butterfly.

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us at allsorts. Sarah DT