Sunday 23 April 2023

Cross Stitch Sunflower

We decided on a last minute trip to Cornwall, so no papercrafting this week but I did take my cross stitch with me - this is one of the cards I made.



To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Carolyn's Garden 'Sunflower' cross stitch kit
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' die
     Snippet of white hammer card

After completing the stitching I mounted the design behind a stitched square aperture that had been die cut in the centre of the card blank.  A piece of the same card was attached to the inside to cover the back of the stitching.

Kath x

5 comments:

meg said...

Your cross stitch cards are so beautiful Kath,love this one.

Stamps and Paper said...

Who doesn'nt love a sunflower..beautiful cross stitch card Kath

Anne

Sarn said...

This is a stunning card Kath. I have a soft spot for sunflowers! x

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Kath. As I'm sure you know, I do love a beautiful sunflower. xx

Pat said...

This is a very stylish sunflower cross stitch design Kath, and beautifully stitched by you. I do love the look of these particular designs you have done with the frame around them. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Cornwall. x