Friday 3 March 2023

Happy Anniversary

I made this card for a friend's wedding anniversary using a preloved heart die I bought last year but have never used.

To make this card I used:
     6"  x 6" white hammer card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Peek a Boo Striped Heart' die
     Clearly Besotted 'Mini Calligraphy' stamps
     Versafine Crimson Red ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail Embossing powder
     Woodware Corner Rounder punch
     Snippets of white hammer and dark red pearlescent card

I trimmed the snippet of white hammer card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and rounded the corners before die cutting the heart from the centre.  I placed the panel into my MISTI so I could ensure the sentiment stamp was in the right place.  I stamped the sentiment with red ink, stamping a couple of times to get a good depth of colour, before embossing it with clear embossing powder.  The panel was then attached to the front of the card blank.  I die cut the heart from a snippet of dark red pearlescent card and then inlaid the strips into the heart.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Alphabet Challenge - XOXOX
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     NBUS - Challenge 48 (I used my new heart die)
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 448

Kath x

11 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful CAS Anniversary card Kath,a lovely inlaid diecut.

Sarn said...

WOW - that's a gorgeous CAS anniversary card Kath.

Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate! xxx

Di said...

What a great card Kath - LOVE the die you used. Elegant as well as stylish.

Hugs
Di xx

Pat said...

A beautiful CAS anniversary card Kath, and such a pretty dark red for the inlaid stripes and sentiment. x

Sue said...

Fab card.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a beautiful CAS creation...rocking
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty CAS anniversary card! The heart says it all! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Darnell said...

I love your new heart die, Kath, just perfect for an anniversary card! You've made a CASlicious and wonderfully textured design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Kath. I love the simplicity of the design. xx

Billie A said...

looks cool. I like the design for the heart. So glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge.

Deborah Wheeler said...

I love the simplicity of this Kath. Thanks for sharing it with us at Love to Craft Challenge
Deborah DT