Sunday 5 March 2023

Happy Birthday To You

I first saw this lovely Lawn Fawn die on Di's blog and then saw it again on Sarn's blog so decided to buy it as I thought it would be perfect for so many cards, especially male cards where I often lack inspiration.  I made this card is for my uncle's birthday.

To make this card I used:
    6" x 6" cream hammer card blank
     Lawn Fawn 'Giant Happy Birthday to You' die
     Snippets of cream hammer card, brown card and Lili of the Valley 'Galaxy Stars' paper

I trimmed a snippet of green star paper, layered it onto brown card and attached it to the card blank.  I die cut the sentiment from both brown card and cream textured card.  I used Artist Tac to attach the brown sentiment onto the cream one, offsetting it so it created a shadow before attaching it to the centre of the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     NBUS - Challenge 48 (my new Lawn Fawn die)
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

10 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Kath . . . so pleased to read that Di and I ENABLED you to increase your craft stash! Tee Hee! It really is a very useful die so I'm sure you'll get your money's worth out of it!

I see you used snippets on your card . . . are you coming over to play? We have cakes and hot chocolate on the go up in the Treehouse and it's nice and warm up there too. xxx

Di said...

A super card Kath - and great use of that wonderful die! As you say, it's so perfect for male cards - so glad that Sarn and I 'enabled' you!

Hugs
Di xx

Liz said...

Super card, Kath. The fabulous die cut makes a great focal point. xx

Mrs A. said...

What a super large die this is and just perfect for off setting to get the shaddow effect. Hug Mrs A.

meg said...

A brilliant focal diecut greeting,especially for those difficult masculine cards

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Kath and a perfect focal point

Anne

Pat said...

This large die cut sentiment certainly makes a wonderful focal image Kath, and the LOTV paper is so pretty...a wonderful card! x

Linda said...

Great masculine card with that large birthday die sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Julie B said...

Fab masculine card, I can see you getting a lot of use from that die! Thanks for joining us at HLS Birthday. :)

BożenA said...

This is such a beautifully made birthday card. Thank you for joining our gallery at HLS Birthday.
Bożena DT HLS