Friday 24 March 2023

Patchwork Daisy Birthday

I made this card for my great niece's birthday - I tried to find an image that was cute but not too childish as she's a grown up ten year old!  


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Lili of the Valley 'Patchwork Daisy' Mini Masterpiece precoloured image
     Clearly Besotted 'Modern Calligraphy' stamps and coordinating die
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' die
     Versafine Imperial Purple ink
     Wild Rose Studio 'Anabelle's Meadow' paper
     Snippet of white matt card and white paper

I attached the pink paper to a piece of white paper (to make it the same thickness as the topper) before die cutting the stitched square from the centre.  The frame was then attached to the card.  The precoloured image was cut with the same stitched die.  I used purple ink to stamp 'happy' onto a snippet of white card before cutting it with the corodinating die.  I placed the topper into my MISTI and laid 'happy' on top so I could see where to stamp 'birthday'.  This was stamped with the same purple ink.  The topper was inlaid into the frame and 'happy' was attached with a strip of foam tape.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Cutie Pie Challenge - Something Beginning with B (I have chosen a Bear)
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

5 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful birthday card Kath,the inlaid image and paper are gorgeous.Thank you for your comments,one of my son's and I are both Leo's too.

Pat said...

This is such a terrific LOTV image Kath and the pink paper makes a great frame and love the way you have inlaid thew image, and the purple sentiment finishes it perfectly. x

Linda said...

This little bear and flower are just too cute. Adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

foleysfriend said...

Adorable card. The image is so super cute. I like how you "accessorized" it. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.

Lynda said...

Great colour matching and layout. Thank you for joining us at HLS atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT