Monday 6 March 2023

Red, White & Green Birthday

I made this card for the Seize the Birthday 'Red, White Plus One Colour' challenge and I've chosen green as my third colour.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Memory Box 'Wild Blooms' die
     Clearly Besotted 'Fabulous Fuchsias' stamp
     Versafine Olympia Green ink
     Snippets of white hammer card, dark green plain card and dark red pearlescent card

I trimmed a snippet of white hammer card and die cut the 'Wild Blooms' from the left side.  I placed the panel into my MISTI to position the sentiment stamp which was then stamped in dark green ink.  The panel was layered onto a snippet of dark green card and attached to the card blank.  I used another snippet of dark green card to cut the stems and inlaid them into the panel.  The blooms were cut from snippets of dark red pearlescent card and inlaid into the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Daisy Chain Challenge - Flowers
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Memory Box Challenge - Floral Favourites
     Seize the Birthday - Red, White Plus One Colour'
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 449

Kath x

10 comments:

Di said...

Fabulous card Kath - one of my favourite dies as well. Here's a thing, Memory Box have a challenge running and it currently is 'Floral using some red'. You only need to use one or more Memory box dies or stamps - and of course you qualify with this card. Give it a go! I was so lucky, I won the random prize draw using my recent 'cocktails' card. Here's the link: https://davebrethauer.typepad.com/outsidethebox/2023/03/memory-box-challenge-93-floral-favorites.html

Hugs
Di xx

meg said...

A beautiful diecut floral card.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful CAS card Kath

Anne

Sarn said...

Absolutely lovely CAS card and the colours work so well together.

Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Come up to the Treehouse where we are serving cakes and hot chocolate to keep warm! xxx

Pat said...

This is so elegant and prettily CAS Kath and I love the pop of red with the inset pieces in the flower heads with the dark green inlaid in the stems and leaves and also used for the matted layer, and a similar colour for the stemped sentiment which makes everything perfect coordinated. x

Cathy said...

Such a pretty CAS card Kath, I think I have that die somewhere too! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Liz said...

Fabulous CAS card Kath, the flower die cut is so pretty cut into the front panel. xx

Julie B said...

Super CAS card, such a pretty die cut. Thanks for linking up to HLS Birthday again. :)

BożenA said...

This is beautifully made birthday card. I love this die. Thank you for joining our gallery at HLS Birthday.
Bożena DT HLS

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing your card at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog!
Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!