Thursday 30 November 2023

Under the Mistletoe

I don't often buy craft magazines as they're now so expensive, but I made an exception when I saw this Lisa Horton set of dies as a cover gift.  The mistletoe die is perfect for Steve's Christmas card and, as always, this is my final Christmas card to post this year.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' and Lisa Horton 'Under the Mistletoe' dies
     Clearly Besotted 'Happy Birthday All' stamps
     Versafine Crimson Red ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Snippets of white matt card, cream gloss card, green textured card and red mirri card 

I die cut the largest square from white matt card and placed it into my MISTI.   I placed the mistletoe die onto the panel so I could see where the position the stamps.  After removing the die I stamped the sentiment in red ink before embossing it with clear embossing powder.  The panel was layered onto red mirri and attached it to the centre of the card blank.  I die cut the mistletoe from green textured card and attached it above the sentiment.  The bow was die cut from red mirri card and attached to the top of the mistletoe branch.  To finish I die cut the berries from tiny snippets of cream gloss card and attached them to the mistletoe.  

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - X is for XOXO (hugs and kisses)
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Less is More - D is for Deck the Halls
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 468

Kath x

9 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful CAS card for Steve,he's sure to love it

Sarn said...

A very elegant Christmas card for your husband. Great die cut elements and perfect sentiment.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

Cardsbymaaike said...

Gorgeous card and great gift! I would have bought that magazine too

Pat said...

Very pretty mistletoe Kath and a lovely bow around the branch too, and a great card for Steve. x

LesleyG said...

Love this Kath, a perfect card for your husband, no wonder you snapped up the magazine, it’s a gorgeous die set xxx

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Kath!

Di said...

Wow Kath, what a stunning card for Steve! It's so classy and also says such a lot whilst remaining clean and not too fussy. Beautiful work!

Hugs
Di xx

Lynda said...

What a lovely CAS card Kath - so effective in it's simplicity. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Kate said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card Kath! So simple, so elegant, so WOW!!! Hugs, Kate!