Monday 27 November 2023

Black, White and Gold Joy

I made this card using the colours of the AAA Cards Challenge - black and gold aren't colours I would normally use for a Christmas card but I was pleased with the finished card.

To make this card I used:
     C6 white matt card blank
     Creative Expressions 'Festive Collection - Joy' & My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics' dies
     Snippets of white and black matt card and gold mirri card

I trimmed a piece of white matt card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and then used the largest rectangle die to cut it into a stitched shape. As the die wasn't long enough to cut the panel I cut the first half, then moved the die to cut the lower part of the panel.  I then cut JOY from the centre of the panel before attaching it to the card.  I die cut JOY from black matt card and inlaid the letters into the panel, together with the middle of the O that had been cut from white card.  I die cut the fancy JOY from gold mirri and attach it to the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     AAA Cards Challenge - Black, White and Gold
     CAS on Friday - Christmas
     Daisy Chain Challenge - Christmas/Winter
     Less is More - D is for Deck the Halls

Kath x

7 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Gosh that looks so elegant, thanks for playing along with us at AAA cards and we hope to see you in another challenge.

Pat said...

I think the black and gold is very elegant and this is such a pretty sentiment die Kath. x

meg said...

A fabulous make Kath

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's a fabulously festive looking card. Love it. thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenge and I saw it too at the Less is More blog

Kathyk said...

Smashing make, very elegant

Kathyk

Ankie vd Polder said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Love it. Have a nice day, Ankie

Helen said...

A beautiful elegant card Kath. Wonderfully CAS. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LIM challenge. Wishing you and your family a lovely Christmas. ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰