Monday 13 November 2023

Happy Anniversary

We arrived back home yesterday and I realised it was a friend's anniversary this week, so I used one of my favourite dies to make this quick CAS card.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Peek A Boo Striped Heart' die
     Hobby Art 'General Greetings' stamp
     Woodware Corner Rounder Punch
     Versafine Satin Red ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Snippets of white hammer card and red sparkle card

I trimmed a piece of white hammer card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and rounded the corners.  I cut the heart from the top of the panel and then placed it into my MISTI so I could see where the position the stamp.  I stamped the sentiment a couple of times to get a good depth of colour before embossing it with clear embossing powder.  The panel was then attached to the front of the card.  I cut the heart from a snippet of red sparkle card and then inlaid the pieces into the heart.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Crafty Calendar Challenge - Anything Goes
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - November Challenge
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 467

Kath x

13 comments:

meg said...

A gorgeous CAS card Kath

Pat said...

I love the look of this heart die, ideal for anniversaries Kath, and the red sparkle card inlaid into the stripes looks great, and finished with a lovely matching red sentiment. x

brenda said...

CAS and really elegant Kath, lovely to receive, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Sarn said...

A lovely CAS anniversary card.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings later xxx

Dena J said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love the bold red stripes in the heart. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Linby said...

That's so pretty and a great idea too. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts.

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A really lovely card .. .. will have to keep my eyes open for that die!

Hope you had a lovely time away.

Pleased I am not the only one who is struggling with Windows 11. By the time I know what I am doing they will be round to Windows 12! LOL!!

I have had to resort to doing my watermark using my IPad!

Love Jules xx

Viv said...

A lovely anniversary card Kath - the hammered cardstock sets off that lovely stripey heart perfectly!

Di said...

Great card Kath - really dramatic!

Hugs
Di xx

Sarah said...

That's the perfect make for an anniversary card. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts. Sarah

foleysfriend said...

Very pretty anniversary card. I love the sparkle to make the card more festive and celebratory. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

sue n.

SarahR said...

Oh that's a fabulous example of a CaS card - love it! Many thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sarah, DT.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Such a beautiful CAS card! Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT