Saturday 25 November 2023

November Rudolph Day

It's time for the final Rudolph Day of the year and for another cross stitch card (cross stitch is my RD theme this year).  This lovely Derwentwater kit was amongst the cross stitch items my neighbour gifted me earlier this year so I thought I would make the card to send her for Christmas.

To make this card I used:
     Derwentwater 'Lantern' cross stitch kit
     Snippet of white paper

The kit was complete and contained everything to make this card.  After finishing the stitching I mounted it behind the aperture of the tri fold card and added a piece of white paper behind the stitching so the red card wouldn't show through the aida.  To finish I folded the card to the inside.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Christmas BINGO Challenge - I have used line 'G' (real stitching, rectangle and red for my 'free' square)
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes

     Rudolph Day - November Challenge

Kath x

7 comments:

meg said...

As always a beautiful cross stitch Christmas card

Liz said...

A fabulous cross-stitched Christmas card, Kath. I’ve enjoyed seeing all your cross-stitched cards this year, each one a little work of art. xx

Sue - said...

Beautiful cross stitch card.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Another of your excellent cross stitch designs this month.
Love that Lantern and the red card used.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Pat said...

Beautifully done Kath, your stitches are so even and that must have taken a bit of time as there is quite a lot to it, and I'm sure your neighbour will love to have it especially as it was a kit she bought but never used. All your cross stitched cards have been great. x

Kate said...

So much love and skill in this tiny work of art Kath! Thanks for sharing with us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and inspiring us all!
Hugs, Kate (DT The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge)

Monica C. said...

This is so beautiful! I love the stitching and it is so beautifully set off by the red card.

Thank you for sharing your project at the Christmas BINGO challenge.

Monica C. DT Christmas BINGO Challenge