Thursday 18 January 2024

Season's Greetings

As part of my thrifty crafting year I'm also upcycling as much as I can and this cute Santa card was too good to go into the recyling bin.

To make this card I used:
     5.5" x 4.25" white matt card blank
     Upcycled Christmas card   
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics' and Creative Expressions 'Festive Collection - Season's Greetings' dies
     Snippets of silver mirri card

The original Christmas card was a large square, but I used the rectangle die to cut the top half so I could make a smaller card.  The stitched panel was layered onto silver mirri before being attached to the card blank.  To finish I die cut the sentiment from another snippet of silver mirri and attached it to the lower corner of the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - A for Anything Goes
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes

Kath x 

4 comments:

Joan said...

Love your recycled card , my Christmas cards are still sitting on the table until I decide what to do with them, always keep handmade cards and try and salvage useful bits from the rest.

Mrs A. said...

You would never have guessed this had been recycled. Looks lovely. I received very few shop bought cards last year mostly all hand made which of course are kept intact so will have to make my next ones from scratch Hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

A great bit of upcycling Kath using this beautiful winter scene, and a lovely gold mat and sentiment to finish. x

Mummylade said...

Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge