Friday 12 January 2024

Life is Beautiful

I've made this small note card to send with a RAK gift to a friend who loves 'posh frocks and sparkle'.  I didn't think I had any dress stamps until I found this small stamp in a set that was a cover gift with a magazine a while ago.

To make this card I used:
     C7 white matt card blank
     Immediate Media 'Making Special Cards' stamp set
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics' die
     Versafine Crimson Red ink
     Cosmic Shimmer clear detail embossing powder
     Pink Promarker
     Pentel Hybrid silver gel pen
     Wink of Stella
     Small pink flower confetti (from an old Papercraft Society box)
     Snippets of white matt card and dark red pearlescent card

I placed the white card into my MISTI and used dark red ink to stamp the dress and sentiment before embossing them with clear embossing powder.  I cut the panel with a rectangle die before layering it onto dark red pearlescent card and attaching it to the card blank.  I coloured the dress with a pink Promarker, highlighted the bow with a silver gel pen and then added lots of clear Wink of Stella to the dress to make it sparkle (although it doesn't show too well in the photograph).  To finish I added three small pink flower confetti to the front of the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Birthstone Challenge - Garnet and/or Amethyst (I have used Garnet - the January birthstone colour)
     Daisy Chain Challenge - No Design Paper
     Pearly Sparkles Challenge - Clean and Simple
     Stamping Sensations - January Mood Board (I have used the dress and colours from the mood board)

Kath x

9 comments:

meg said...

Love the stamped dress Kath

Liz said...

Super CAS card, Kath. The tiny pink flowers are a perfect finishing touch. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the dress stamp.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles.
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at Birthstone Challenge and Stamping SEnsations.
Carol DT x

Fiona said...

great card Kath, fab interpretation of our challenge.

Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Fi
x

Pat said...

That is a sweet little dress stam and perfect for your friend Kath, and a love sentiment to go with it. x

Sarn said...

Just saw this lovely CAS card over at WLS challenge site and popped over to comment on it. Isn't it great when you find just the right stamp for a project? xxx

brenda said...

A short C&P comment as I'm unable to type/craft much with MS flare up, but wanted you to know I've seen your WLS entry and thank you for sharing with us.

B x

Gerrina said...

A perfect CAS design and that text fitts so good! Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations!