Thursday 11 January 2024

Happy 90th Birthday Mum

I made this card for my mum's birthday - although her birthday isn't until next month I can post the card now as none of my family read my blog!

To make this card I used:
     7" x 7" white matt card blank
     49th and Market 'Vintage Artistry in Blush' paper
     My Favorite Things 'Fishtail Flags' and Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Classic Hearts' dies
     Snippets of dark brown pearlescent card
     White paper
     Computer generated sentiment 'Algerian' font

I layered a whole sheet of paper onto dark brown pearlescent card and attached it to the card blank.  I printed the sentiment onto white paper (my printer refuses to print onto card) and cut it with the fishtail flag die.  I attached the sentiment onto a strip of dark brown card and trimmed around the edge before attaching it to the upper corner of the card.  I cut two hearts from snippets of paper from the same pad, attaching the larger heart onto the lower corner and then used a foam pad to attach the smaller heart.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Mood Board (I have used Pink, Flowers & Bird from the mood board)
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     As You Like It - Favourite Paper Brand & Why (I have a two brands I really like one of which is 49th and Market 
- the quality is excellent, more like a thin card than paper, the designs are unusual with beautiful colours and they're double sided too!)
     Crafty Calendar Challenge - Anything Goes
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

9 comments:

meg said...

Best wishes to your mum on her 90th birthday I hope she has a wonderful day,she will love your beautiful card

Liz said...

Beautiful card for your Mum, Kath. I’m sure she will treasure it. Thank you for sharing another card in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Linby said...

This is so pretty and a lovely layout. Best Wishes to your Mum for her 90th.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this personal card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card - your mom will love this. HB to her! Thanks for joining in at STB

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Kath and gorgeous papers, hope you Mum had a very happy day. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pat said...

What a pretty paper and love the added hearts and a lovely banner sentiment Kath, and a beautiful card for your Mum's 90th birthday. I hope she has a lovely day for such a milestone birthday. x

Deb said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Happy birthday to your Mum!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, that paper is gorgeous. So is your card. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty card at Ally's Angels! --Becca