Sunday 14 August 2022

Upcycled Reindeer Card

This month I'm challenging myself to finish part-made cards, use bits from my snippets box and have a general tidy up of my crafting drawers.  This card uses a strip from the front of a Christmas card I received last year.  

I trimmed a strip from the front of the Christmas card, cutting on either side of the dashed lines.  I placed the card blank in my MISTI and put the strip on top so I could see here to position the sentiment stamp.  I stamped the sentiment in Satin Red ink and then stamped it again in Crimson Red so the colour matched the reindeer strip.  To finish I attached the strip above the sentiment.


To make this card I used:
     5.5" x 4.25" white matt card blank
     Upcycled Christmas card
     Clearly Besotted 'Cheerful Christmas' sentiment stamp
     Versafine Crimson Red & Satin Red ink

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - R for Reindeer
     Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Reindeer
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Winter Wonderland - Reindeer


I'm also giving away some stamp sets as part of my Birthday Giveaway.

Kath x 

11 comments:

meg said...

Love your upcycled card the reindeer strip far to pretty to discard

Pat said...

This has the Nordic feel with the pretty white on red deer, trees and hearts and the added red greeting is perfect Kath. x

Sue said...

I do love a upcycled card.

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your recycled Christmas card kath.the strip is lovely

Anne

Sarn said...

A lovely upcycled festive make xxx

Wendy said...

I love the idea of finishing card projects! I probably have a years worth of unfinished Christmas cards waiting for me to do just that. I love the Nordic feel that your finished card had. Nicely done! Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Mummylade said...

Adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

dorsetdawndesigns said...

Pretty card, I love the festive red. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Winter Wonderland Dawn S DT x

Lena said...

What a lovely way to upcycle old cards. Beautifully done! The red and white colour combo is so festive. Love it!
Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena ~ DT
Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round
Lena’s Creations

Fabiola said...

magnifique recyclage, j'aime ces réutilisations réussi, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Card, biz

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper