Monday 29 August 2022

Thank You

I made this quick 'Thank You' card to send to a friend and have used a few more snippets and an upcycled dragonfly which had been stamped onto vellum.

I attached a strip of marbled paper to a piece of dark purple card and trimmed the edges so there was a very thin strip of card on either side of the paper.  I placed the card blank into my MISTI and laid the marbled paper strip on top so I could see where to place the 'thank you' stamp.  I stamped the sentiment in purple ink, stamping a couple of times to get a good depth of colour.  After removing the card from MISTI I attached the marbled strip above the sentiment and then attached the dragonfly with a spot of glue under its body.


To make this card I used:
     5.5" x 4.25" white hammer card blank
     Upcycled vellum dragonfly (this was on a card I received from a friend a while ago and I don't know the name of the stamp and die)
     Clearly Besotted 'Mini Calligraphy' stamp
     Versafine Imperial Purple ink
     Snippets of marbled paper and purple card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Less is More - Vellum
     
Kath x  

9 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely colourful band of colour Kath,..perfect thank you card

Anne

meg said...

The dragonfly looks beautiful against the colourful marbled paper

Kathyk said...

This is fab, loving the delicate dragonfly

Kathyk

Pat said...

I love the combination of the pretty and colourful marbled paper and the delightful vellum butterfly Kath, and a perfect colour for the added sentiment too...some great upcycling and use of snippets. x

Sue said...

This is so pretty. I love the marbled paper and the butterfly is so elegant and stands out lovely.

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kath, lovely papers and beautiful dragonfly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Kath, I love your vellum dragonfly. xx

Valerija said...

So wonderful card. Love the design.
Valerija xx

Joy Meadows said...

Such a pretty CAS card, Kath! Love the marbled paper and the dragonfly is the perfect focal point.