Thursday 25 August 2022

August Rudolph Day

It's time for another Rudolph Day and another card using a magazine cover gift (which is my RD theme this year).  This card uses a die that was a cover gift with a Practical Publishing magazine several years ago and also some papers that were a cover gift with a magazine last year.

I cut a frame from cream hammer card using stitched square and circle dies.  A snippet of turquoise star paper was placed behind the frame before it was attached to the centre of the card.  I die cut the Elegant Reindeer from dark brown pearlescent card and attached it across the front of the aperture.  I die cut the swirl and bow from gold mirri, inlaying the swirl in the reindeer's body and attaching the bow to his neck.

To make this card I used:
     4" x 4" cream hammer card blank
     Creative Dies 'Elegant Reindeer', My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' and My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out
     Stitched Square STAX Die-namics' dies
     Snippets of cream hammer card, turquoise paper, brown pearlescent card and gold mirri

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - R for Reindeer
     Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Reindeer
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - August Challenge
     Rudolph Day - August Challenge
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 435

Kath x

16 comments:

Sarn said...

And a fabulous Rudolph Day card it is too Kath.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with this lovely piece of homework. xxx

Pat said...

That blue and gold paper is beautiful behind the circular aperture Kath, and the brown and gold reindeer looks great over the top, and the cream hammer card makes the perfect base too. x

Glennis F said...

Super card Kath, I love that colour combo

Valerija said...

Amazing card. Love the dies you have used.
Valerija xx

Sue said...

Fab card. I love the colours.

cotnob said...

Hi Kath, my reading list has just re-appeared so I thought I would pop over and say Hi!
A super Christmas card, a lovely die.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

Beautiful diecut reindeer and background paper,they look wonderful against the cream cardstock

Mummylade said...

So very elegant! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Liz said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Kath. I love how you've positioned the reindeer over the circle background. xx

Janis Lewis said...

Elegant and beautifully made card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas card Kath...like the stitched square and circle you've popped your leaping deer on..
Anne

The Dream Pages said...

Awesome..
Thank you for joining HLS die cut challenge
Be safe and keep crafting :)
Swapna

Whisper said...

Classy and stunning, thanks for joining Augusts Rudolph Days Challenge Luv Sam x

Di said...

I really love this card Kath! The deer is so elegant - and the gold is such a lovely touch.

Hugs

Di xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper