Saturday 13 August 2022

My Favourite Flower

I recently bought this preloved stamp in a charity shop - poppies are my favourite flower so it's perfect for the current Less is More challenge.

I put the card blank into my MISTI and placed the poppy stamp on top so I could decide on the sentiment to use (whoever had donated the stamp to the charity shop had cut the sentiments from the stamp set and just left the poppies!).  I decided to use a simple 'Just for You' which I felt was the right size for the card.  I then stamped the poppy and sentiment with dark brown ink.  I coloured the poppy with coloured pencils using two shades of red for the poppy, yellow for the flower centre and dark green for the stem and leaves.


To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white card blank
     Woodware 'Poppy' and Clearly Besotted 'Fancy Sayings' clear stamps
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Faber Castell Colour Grip pencils

 I am entering the following challenges:
     Less is More - One Layer - Favourite Flower
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     We Love Stamping - In my Garden

Kath x

12 comments:

Tina Z. said...

such a beautiful CAS.

meg said...

Love the size of the poppy stamp and your colouring,your choice of sentiment makes the card suitable for several different occasions

Pat said...

So bright and pretty Kath and the sentiment is perfect! What a great find in the charity shop. x

Sue said...

Lovely card. As you know I like purple poppies.

brenda said...

Likewise with Poppies Kath and this card is so very elegant, white space terrifies me but you nailed it. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping this month.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kath, such a gorgeous Poppy.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful poppy card Kath and perfect sentiment

Anne

Ankie vd Polder said...

Oh wow, this is stunning. Love it. Have a nice day, Ankie

Kathyk said...

Lovely choice of flower, striking card

Kathyk

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is such a gorgeous CAS creation Kath, your colouring of the flower is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

Laurie Unger said...

Beautifully colored flower! Great take on the one layer challenge. Thanks for playing over at LIM.

coldwaters2 said...

This is quite simply beautiful it looks so elegant thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x