Saturday 12 February 2022

You Have My Whole Heart

I was fortunate to win a gift certificate for an online store in the AAA Cards Micro Hop and chose a voucher for Dies to Die For.  I'd had this MFT stamp and die on my wish list for a while so took the opportunity to buy it and make this card for Steve for our forthcoming wedding anniversary.  It's not our anniversary until 7 March but as he doesn't read my blog I can post the card now. 

I trimmed a piece of white card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and rounded the corners.  I die cut the heart in the centre of the panel and embossed the edges.  I placed the panel into my MISTI to  line up the sentiment before stamping it a couple of times with black ink.  I then attached the panel to the front of the card blank.  I die cut the heart from a snippet of black textured card and inlaid the frame and then die cut it again from lots of teeny snippets of red glitter card and inlaid these into the heart.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt pearlescent blank (pearl for our Pearl anniversary)
     My Favorite Things 'Heart Burst Hellos' stamp and coordinating 'Heart Burst' die
     Versafine Onyx black ink
     Woodware Corner Rounder Punch
     Snippets of white matt card, black textured card and red glitter card

I am entering the following challenges:
     AAA Cards - Black, White + One Colour (I've chosen Black, White & Red)
     Addicted to CAS - Hearts
     Allsorts - CAS + Elegance Option
     CASology - Affection
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - February Challenge
     NBUS - Challenge 35 (my new MFT stamp and die)
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 421

Kath x

15 comments:

Ellibelle said...

It's absolutely beautiful! So pretty and elegant, perfect for my theme at Allsorts challenge this week! Thanks for joining in!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

meg said...

The red and black colour combo gives a dramatic effect to your beautiful CAS Anniversary card

Carol S. said...

A beautiful CAS card Kath. The design says it all. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

brenda said...

CAS and elegant, you nailed them both here Kath, gorgeous card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely card. Sue

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Kath and I just love the sentiment..

Anne

Sarn said...

A fabulous anniversary card for your husband. Love how you made it glitzy but still suitable for a male!

You've missed the breakfast crumpets up in the Treehouse, but I'll happily pour you a glass of wine for your lunch.

xxx

Pat said...

What a dynamic look for this CAS card Kath, and love the inset heart with the red glitter card pieces within the black structure of the heart, and looks great inset into the white card. A brilliant anniversary card for Steve. x

Di said...

What a perfect card Kath - Steve will really like it. Absolutely spot on a what a perfect sentiment as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Kath! Jo x

ÅsaJ said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love that sparkling heart! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Nancy said...

I love that sparkly heart! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

Prudence said...

Wonderful card and that sparkly red heart is gorgeous. Happy Anniversary!
Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

Prudence
NBUS February Guest Designer

ÅsaJ said...

And also thank you for joining CASology with this beautiful card! Hugs Åsa

Catie Cuddles said...

Fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT