Wednesday 2 February 2022

May All Your Dreams Come True

For various reasons, I missed a lot of the CCC challenges last year but hope to do better in 2022! I made this card for Marianne for the January Card Chain Challenge using the Sketch Option, the Theme Option (Scraps & Friendship) and the Product/Technique Option (Sequins & Embossing).

I trimmed a snippet of blue paper, embossed it with the hearts embossing folder and attached it to the front of the card blank.  I die cut the precoloured Lili of the Valley image with a stitched circle die.  I placed the card blank into my MISTI and laid the circle topper on top so I could see where to position the stamp.  I removed the topper and stamped the sentiment a couple of times with dark blue ink before embossing it with clear embossing powder.  I die cut a circle of thin foam (slightly smaller than the topper) and glued it to the rear of the topper before attaching it to the card blank.  To finish I added three white sequins to the bottom of the card.

To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" white matt card blank
     Lili of the Valley precoloured topper
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' dies
     Clearly Besotted 'Dandelion Dreams' stamps
     Xcut 'Small Polka Hearts' embossing folder
     Versafine Majestic Blue ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail Embossing Powder
     Snippet of blue paper
     Small white sequins

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Try It On Tuesday - Add a Quote

This is the pretty card I've received from Mia, as well as some lovely cross stitch gifts - thank you Mia!


Kath x

17 comments:

Linby said...

A lovely sweet image and your layout and colours complement it beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

meg said...

A fabulous layout Kath,a beautiful card to celebrate lots of occasions

Ellibelle said...

Beautifully done, Kath. Love the image and the sketch shows it off so perfectly!

Pat said...

That is really pretty card which you sent to Marianne, love the sweet images and the blue embossed hearts background really pops Kath, and the card you received from Mia is so pretty too, and how kind of her to send you some cross stitch gifts too. x

HilaryJane said...

Your card is so sweet, that's a perfect image for the CCC and I love the blue and the embossed background. Mia's card looks great too and I know she always likes to add something extra to the envelope xx

Carol S. said...

Love the texture on the background and love the colour. The image is so pretty. A gorgeous card Kath, Hugs Carol S.xxx

Mia said...

I love the card you sent to Marianne, Kath. Lovely embossed background for the pretty girls. And a great sentiment too.
I am really glad you received my card in time. And I am happy that you like it. Enjoy the cross stitch gifts, my friend.
Sending you a big hug from Greece.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet little girl image and I love the sentiment, Kath - great take on the sketch!!

brenda said...

A very sweet image, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Kath.

Sue xx

Tina Z. said...

wow, so beautiful in blue.

Meggymay said...

An adorable card and sweet images. Thank you for linking with the theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

This is a very sweet card. It's works using a circle around the girls, especially with those fun dots on the blue paper. Thanks so much for joining with us at Try It on Tuesday. Happy( a couple days late) February also. Hugs-Erika

Sue said...

Kath, That is lovely. Sue

Angelnorth said...

Sweet image and the hearts embossing folder is the perfect complement for it - sweet card Kath! Hope life is a bit kinder this year and you can play along at CCC as much as you'd like.

papierelle said...

This is so sweet and I really like how you did the sketch.

Liz said...

Beautiful card Kath, such a cute image. Lovely card your received from Mia too. xx