Friday 25 February 2022

February Rudolph Day

My Rudolph Days theme this year is to use something that has been a cover gift with a magazine.  This card uses a 'Noel' die that was a cover gift with Simply Cards & Papercraft Issue 222 last year.

I attached a piece of white hammer card to the front of the card blank leaving a small border around the edge.  I placed both the border and letter dies onto green mirri card and used washi tape to hold everything in place.  After die cutting them, I removed the letters and attached the border to the centre of the card blank.  I attached a snippet of gold glitter adhesive paper to a piece of white card and die cut the letters.  The glitter letters were then inlaid into the frame.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white hammer card blank
     Practical Publishing 'Noel' die
     Snippets of  white hammer card, bright green mirri card, gold glitter adhesive paper and white paper

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Card Challenge - C for Clean & Simple
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - February Challenge
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Rudolph Day - February Challenge

Kath x

10 comments:

Carol S. said...

A lovely card Kath and I loved the die. I have had a subscription to that magazine for years. Always have good free gifts. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

meg said...

Beautiful traditional Christmas green and gold Kath,a fabulous diecut and card

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Nice card. Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Kath.

Sue xx

Pat said...

This is a beautiful card Kath and I love the die and so pretty using the green mirri and I love the added gold letters. x

Whisper said...

Oooo lovely and thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, Luv Sam x

Wendy said...

This card is so simple, and absolutely beautiful! I love your design. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

JulieP said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the mix of shine and glitter. Thanks so much for joining us at the HLS Christmas challenge!

Sarn said...

Perfect Rudolph Day card. I have that cover gift too, and haven't used it yet! Bad me!

xxx

Zw@@n said...

Wow, love this card! Beautiful die and colours. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma