Monday 28 February 2022

Happy Birthday Mum

My mum told me she liked the birthday card I sent her last year as she loved the layers in the Flourishing Florals card so I decided to make her another decoupage card this year.  

I trimmed the green floral backing card, layered it onto gold mirri and attached it to the card blank.  I used Pinflair glue to build the layers of the floral panel.  The 'Happy Birthday to You' strip wasn't long enough to go across the card so I cut it in the centre.  I attached the strips to the card ensuring there was a small butterfly on the left of the panel and the full sentiment and two butterflies on the right.  I used a foam sheet to attach the panel to give more dimension.  As my mum likes to see 'Mum' on her cards, I added a gold die cut 'Mum' to the top of the flowers panel.

To make this card I used:
     7" x 7" white matt card blank
     Hunkydory 'Floral Favourites Floral Fancy backing card, base layer and Deco-Large'
     Crafts-Too 'Mum' die
     Gold mirri card

I am entering the following challenge:
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

9 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful Spring colours and florals Kath birthday wishes to your mum

anne said...

This is so elegant and the flowers are so pretty.
Anne

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card Kath and the flowers are gorgeous. I bet she loved it!! Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Pat said...

Gorgeous flowers and lots of dimension too Kath and love the elegant look and you can always rely on Hunkydory for a wonderful coordinated look. x

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That is so pretty. Your mum will love it. Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Kath, I'm sure your Mum is going to love this.

Sue xx

Lindsey said...

What a wonderful card! The floral panel is really beautiful, and the "mum" adds a perfect personal touch. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! This is stunning, Jo x

Sarn said...

This is so pretty! xxx