Monday 14 February 2022

Cardinal Butterfly

I made this card for the Butterfly Challenge using the colour option and, of course, a butterfly.

I attached a piece of marbled patterned paper to the front of the cream card leaving a small border around the edge.  I die cut the 'Grand Happy Birthday' from cream card and attached it to the lower part of the card.  I die cut it again from a snippet of cardinal red card and inlaid the pieces.  To finish I die cut a butterfly from cardinal red card and attached it to the upper corner of the marbled paper.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" cream hammer card blank
     Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' and 'Kaleidoscope Butterfly' dies
     Snippets of cream hammer card, red textured card and marbled paper

I am entering the following challenges:
     AAA Birthday Card Challenge -Pattern (I have used a lovely marbled patterned paper)
     Butterfly Challenge - Spin the Wheel with C (I have used the colours Coral, Celadon and Cardinal with my butterfly)
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - February Challenge
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

10 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Kath.

Sue xx

Christine Harrop said...

A very nice card Kath. Christine

meg said...

The marbled papers are beautiful Kath,love the colours in it and your butterfly and sentiment

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card Kath and love the background design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

This large MB Happy Birthday die looks great with any type of birthday theme, and I love the pairing with that pretty marbled background paper, and the sweet die cut butterfly over the top. A beautiful card and love the cream card which looks great with the green and brown. x

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely card. Sue

Jane said...

Beautiful paper and a really elegant card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Mrs A. said...

Wow this is elegant Kath. love the look of this card. Thankyou for coming and
plying in the butterfly garen with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Such a beautiful card Kath. Xxx

Nonni said...

Very beautiful! Love the marble looking background, so pretty. Great colors too. Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday!