Sunday 1 October 2023

Just a Note

I've not had much time for crafting this week as we've spent time setting up a new laptop as our old one had 'died' on us - we've also been getting ready to go away in Martha tomorrow.  I did have time today to make this quick notecard using a new (to me) die I've recently purchased.

To make this card I used:
     5.5" x 4.25" cream matt card blank
     Tonic Studios 'Treble Clef' and My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die'namics' dies
     Clearly Besotted 'Fancy Sayings' stamp
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Snippet of dark brown card

I used the die to emboss a rectangle in the front of the card blank and placed the card into my MISTI.  I die cut the Treble Clef from a snippet of dark brown card and laid it inside the embossed rectangle so I could see where to stamp 'Just a Note'.  I removed the die cut and stamped the sentiment several times to get a good depth of colour to match the die cut.  I then used Artist Tac to attach the Treble Clef inside the frame.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Alphabet Challenge - M for Monochrome
     Less is More - Music
     NBUS - Challenge 55 (my new Tonic Studios die)

Kath x   

14 comments:

meg said...

A wonderful idea Kath,a beautiful card for a music lover

Cardsbymaaike said...

that's gorgeous

Dena J said...

Marvelous CAS card Kath! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

brenda said...

Lovely clean cut lines and the embossing really lifts it, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts. Smiled when I read 'Martha' guessing that's the Van, my car is Delores, no idea why mind you!

B x

Deborah Wheeler said...

beautiful card - love the embossed frame! Thanks for joining our monochrome theme at Alphabet Challenge
Deborah DT

Pat said...

This die is perfect for a 'note' card Kath and would also be great for someone who is into playing an instrument or singing...I love the embossed rectangle die you used to frame it. I hope you have a great trip. x

Laurie Unger said...

Perfect CAS card with music as a theme. Thanks for sharing and playing over at LIM.

Stamps and Paper said...

Great little card Kath...hope you are keeping well

Anne

Lynda said...

A gorgeous card - and the embossed frame is perfect. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Mervi said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts!
DT Mervi

Sarn said...

Love this musical card Kath, especially as you used up some snippets too!!! X

Lynne said...

Clean and simple Kath, perfect for our challenge at Less is More. Thank you for sharing with us.

Liz said...

Wonderful musical card, Kath. I love the delicate embossed stitched frame. xx

Darnell said...

I love your CASlicious note card, Kath! The embossed border is a great idea to bring the eye in. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (I'm glad you are going to get another chance to go away in Martha ~ that must mean the weather is pleasant! Enjoy!)