Wednesday 11 October 2023

Happy Birthday

I made this card with a lovely floral stamp and one of my last pieces of Lili of the Valley 'Antebellum' paper which was just the right size for this card (I wish I could find another pad of this lovely paper!).

To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" white matt card blank
     IndigoBlu Premium Magazine 'Mixed Media Special 7' floral stamp & Clearly Besotted 'Fancy Sayings' sentiment
     Versafine Onyx Black ink
     Purple, green and gold Promarkers
     Snippets of Lili of the Valley 'Antebellum' paper and purple textured card

The paper was the right width for this card and I trimmed a strip from the top so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.  I placed the paper into my MISTI before stamping the flowers and sentiment in black ink.  I used a purple Promarker to colour the flowers, gold for the flower centres and green for the leaves.  The paper was then layered onto a slightly larger snippet of purple textured card before being attached to the card blank.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Alphabet Challenge - N for Nature
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 464
     We Love Stamping - October Moodboard (I have used purple, green and flowers)

Kath x

14 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful creation, love the paper and the stamp, with your lovely colouring. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Kath I love the image and the colours you have used thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Pat said...

This is a beautiful stamp from the Indigoblu magazine and prettily coloured with your Promarkers Kathand the background paper goes really well. I have these stamps too and I think this particular floral is my favourite from the set. x

meg said...

A beautifully coloured stamped image in gorgeous colours Kath

Liz said...

This is just fabulous Kath, super stamped image, beautifully coloured. xx

brenda said...

Although I rarely use DP's I do but them (as you do) and remember the lovely collections from LOTV. The colours of your floral card are a delight, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Sarn said...

What a gorgeous floral card you’ve made here Kath. Love it.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings later. Xxx

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful floral card with a nice vintage feel! The paper is so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love that stamp, just a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!

Dena J said...

Beautiful floral image and card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Mervi said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Vintage week
and at We Love Stamping Challenges;-))m

Di said...

Gorgeous card Kath - love the vintage look - so pretty.

I can grant your wish for another 'Antebellum' paper pad to replace your almost finished one - I have one here - still got 40 sheets in so it's intact!! I'd be thrilled to send it to you - can you drop me an email (email addy is on the RHS of my Pixies blog) with a reminder of your address plus when to avoid sending it to you as it might not go through your letterbox.

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Forgot to add, I wouldn't want a bean for either the pad or postage - look on it as a gift to spread some happiness! xx

cheiro urgia said...

This is such a lovely birthday card, the floral motif you used is so detailed, with a wonderful vintage touch. The soft background couldn't be more perfect for it, it looks like one of those pages from an old book. A wonderful way to wish good health and all the best. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika