Tuesday 17 October 2023

Christmas Woodland Scene

This die is another of my old favourites and, again, it was another cover gift with a magazine several years ago.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blank
     Creative Dies 'Woodland Scene' die
     Clearly Besotted 'Cheerful Christmas' stamp
     Memento Paris Dusk ink
     Snippets of white matt card, blue and silver star card and silver mirri

I die cut the 'Woodland Scene' from a snippet of white card and removed the tiny tree that was to the left of the deer as I always feel it makes the scene too cluttered.  I placed the panel into my MISTI and stamped the sentiment in the lower corner using blue ink.  I used Artist Tac to attach the die cut to a snippet of blue and silver card and then trimmed around the edge.  The panel was then layered onto a slightly larger snippet of silver mirri before being attached to the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - Use It Up (I have used snippets of card)
     Addicted to CAS - Dies Only
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - October Challenge
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes

Kath x

11 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful diecut scene and Christmas card Kath

Pat said...

I love this woodland backdrop and lovely deer die cut Kath, and the silver mirri mat and blue sentiment finish it so prettily. I think most of my cards this year will have to be more CAS as I am well behind with them and have only made a few. x

Creaellenknutselsite said...

a beautiful card i love the scene
thanks for joining us at the holly and the ivy christmas
hugs Ellen H&I

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the simplicity of your card - simply stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

Toni said...

Very elegant!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a classy card! Just lovely. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

Liz said...

Beautiful card, so striking in navy and white. xx

foleysfriend said...

Gorgeous card. I admire that you personalized the die cut to one that suited you better by removing a tree. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

Sarn said...

I seem to have missed quite a few posts so I’m playing catch up! Absolutely love the look of this reindeer in the woods Christmas card xxx

Ashwini Rao said...

It's neat, clean and gorgeous! I love the combination of the blue with the white, with a little bit of silver peeking. Simply gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge with this beauty!

Fabiola said...

quelle élégante création Kath, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz