Wednesday 2 September 2015

A for Archway

The latest Butterfly Challenge is 'A for Archway' and as I've used snippets of paper and mirri card I'm also paying a visit to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 5" x 5" white silk 
Image: Lili of the Valley 'Pretty Bouquet' pre-coloured topper
Die: Tattered Lace Floral Arch
Punch: Woodware butterfly
Other: Wink of Stella
Snippets: Purple floral card, dark blue mirri card

I trimmed the floral paper and attached it to the card front, leaving a small border around the edge.  I trimmed the pre-coloured LOTV topper and attached it to the card.  The floral die cut was trimmed to remove the doves from the top and a few flowers from the bottom so it fitted around the topper - I then attached this by the inside flowers only.  I punched three small butterflies from dark blue mirri card and attached them to the floral arch.  To finish, I added a Wink of Stella to highlight the cute image.

Kath x

15 comments:

Sarn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

KandA said...

Beautiful card Kath and such a pretty archway die. Love it xx

Di said...

Wow Kath - stunning card and so perfect for the butterfly challenge. Absolutely lovely!!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue said...

Kath, Now this is fab. I love the colours.

Hope you are having a good week. Sue

Mrs A. said...

See ! I knew you could all put your thinking caps on and come up trumps!! This is lovely Kath. I love how you have framed the LOTV image and adapted the die cut to fit. Love those colours too. hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Ooops trigger happy . Meant to also say Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. I do appreciate every one who enters. hugs Mrs A.

Jean said...

A really pretty card, I love the die cut archway and the cute LOTV image.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous arch and love the image, great design.

Kath x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kath, such a sweet image and beautifully framed with your pretty floral arch.
Pauline
x

Anne said...

What a sweet and lovely card you created. Archway is just perfect for this challenge. Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge.
Hugs Anne ,GD

Sue from Oregon said...

Hi Kath! Thanks for popping over and saying Hello and becoming a new follower! I am now your follower as well. Love your pretty card today too!

Barb said...

Congratulations on being one of Di's picks Kath. This really is a very pretty card. I do love the colours you've used. Barbxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is gorgeous, Kath! I think you set the bar too high for the rest of us on this challenge with this beautiful card! Such a clever idea for the arch!

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Kath, a sweet image and lovely colours.
Pauline
x

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh my, Kath! This is just the sweetest card! What a fabulous image!!