Wednesday 16 September 2015

Pillar Candles Trio

I bought the Pillar Candles Trio die in a bundle of pre-loved dies earlier this year - this is its first outing so I'm entering Darnell's NBUS Challenge again.  I've used colours from the current 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge which is 'Red, white and any colour but green' (I've chosen gold) and as the paper and card were from my snippets drawer I'm paying my last visit to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.   I was about to publish this post when I saw that the new ABC Christmas Challenge is 'S for Silent', which is no sentiments or text, so I'm also entering that challenge.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white hammer
Dies: Memory Box 'Pillar Candle Trio' and 'Mini Holly Leaves'
Snippets: Red & gold paper, white card, gold mirri card

I layered a piece of paper onto gold mirri card and attached it to the front of my card.  The Pillar Candles Trio was die-cut from red paper and gold mirri card and the Mini Holly Berries from gold mirri card.  The candles were attached to a snippet of white card, this was trimmed to size, layered onto gold mirri card and attached to the card front with Pinflair glue.  To finish I attached holly to the bottom of the candles.

Kath x

17 comments:

Sarn said...

Oh YES!! I just LOVE this festive card Kath. Superb paper piecing and co-ordination as well as great composition. Top marks.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathy said...

Your new die is gorgeous and I love the red with the gold accents. Beautiful card and good luck with the card challenges.
ta ta for now, Kathy

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Lovely card, Kath! The gold detailing is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Di said...

Great die there Kath - and such a super idea to do the paper piecing the way you did - lovely result!

Hugs

Di xx

KandA said...

Gorgous card Kath, super design and lovely colours with the red and gold xx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Love the card. The candle wax effect really makes it.

Hope you have had a good day. Sue

Barb said...

I spotted your card on NBUS and popped by for a closer look. It's a really lovely card and I love the way you've paper peiced the die. Barbxx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, love it.

Kath x

Fabiola said...

Charmante création Kath, un style moderne et un thème charmant, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Jean said...

I love the gorgeous paper you used here Kath, and the lovely candle die cut.
Jean x

Julie said...

I love the touch of gold it gives your card a sophisticated look. Thanks for joining us in our Sept color challenge at 52 CCT
Julie T

cotnob said...

Another gorgeous Christmas card Kath, the red and gold looks very elegant.
Pauline
x

Diane said...

Very festive........and very organised too to be starting so early on your Christmas cards. You have made me think about maybe, possibly, perhaps,beginning to think about starting mine......maybe!

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Kath. Great dies and I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous! I do like the addition of gold - so elegant. Lovely papers too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Anonymous said...

A simple and stunning card - the dies are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Gill xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card love the colours too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)