Wednesday 23 September 2015

Butterflies and Knots

A big 'thank you' to Mrs A for inviting me to be her Guest Designer again on the Butterfly Challenge.  I chose the letter K (for Kath) which Mrs A says is 'K for Knot'.  I took the inspiration for this card from Becky's New Year's Resolution - her scrap cards are fabulous and a great way of using snippets too!


Card blank: 7" x 7" white silk 
Die: Memory Box 'Pippi Butterfly'
Punch: Woodware Super Duper Square punch
Card: Black matt
Paper: BoBunny Isabella paper stack (magazine freebie)
Other: Pink and grey ribbon, Sakura Micron pen

I punched nine squares from various papers from the BoBunny paper pack and drew two squiggly lines around the edge of each square with the Sakura pen.  I attached a piece of ribbon around the two plain squares and knotted a smaller piece of ribbon around each one.   I attached the squares to the black card using Collall All Purpose glue, as this allowed me to move the squares to make a close fit, and then attached this square to the card front.  I backed two small pieces of paper with white card (to give it some strength) before die-cutting two butterflies and attaching them to the card.

Mrs A has set a great challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's cards over the next two weeks!

Kath x

15 comments:

Amanda said...

congratulations on winning.... I recognise those papers, you're braver than me ; )

Jo said...

Ooh, that'a fab make Kath.....love your card. I have those papers too, unused as yet......
hugs Jo x

Liz said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot over on the Butterfly Challenge. I love your card - such a clever way of using up some snippets too. xx

Sue said...

Another pretty card. I like how the pink lifts it.

Hope you have had a good day. Sue

Kathleen said...

Love the patchwork and the papers, great card.

Kath x

KandA said...

Congrats on your GD spot over at the Butterfly challenge. Fabulous card with the pretty patchwork papers xx

Sarn said...

Congrats on the GD sport Kath. Love the look of this card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

I like this, Kath! This is a fab colour combo and I really like the patchwork look you made by using your scraps. Congratulations on being a GD! Your knots are fabulous - I really don't know about this challenge - it's a toughie! I thought the last two had me stumped but I came through in the end. Maybe something will eventually click for this one too!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kath, a fabulous patchwork and pretty colours.
Pauline
x

Stampsnob. said...

Kath WELCOME to Craft Rocket Challenge Candy Blog Good luck Hope you will join te challenges in October........Lis DT CRC

Carol L said...

This is absolutely stunning with those wonderful colors, ribbons, and squares! I love it!!

Sally H said...

Wow, wow, wow! A stunning card, Kath! I love the use of snippets. Beautiful!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What beautiful panelling. And Thank you so much for following my blog
Am following you back Kath
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Mrs A. said...

Thought I had left a message here but it seems to have gone walkabout. This is lovely Kath. Those knots are a real inspiration and the patchwork papers are in my favourite colour too. Thankyou for being my Guest Designer for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Kimbo said...

This is so lovely. The colours are great and your knot is perfectly tied x