Tuesday 22 September 2015

Fashion Girl

The current Cuttlebug Mania challenge is 'Wheels'.  I don't have any suitable stamps or dies, but I found this pre-coloured topper which had been a freebie with Making Cards magazine and thought it would be perfect for my card.    I'm also entering the Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge and I'm popping across to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop as I've used snippets on my card.


Card blank: 7" x 7" white silk
Image: 'Fashion Girl' pre-coloured topper from Making Cards (magazine freebie)
Stamp: Hot off the Press
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Matting Basics B and Spellbinders Borderabilities A2 Curved Borders One
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Ink: Memento Gray Flannel
Paper: Lili of the Valley NitWits 'Perfect Pair' (magazine freebie)
Snippets: Dark grey mirri card, pink glittered paper

I covered the card front with the white heart paper and then used the plain die from the Borderabilities set to die-cut the edge of the green paper.   As the die didn't cut the paper as wide as I needed, I used a craft knife to follow the line of the border and then attached this to the card front.  I used the plain and scalloped Borderabilities dies to cut a snippet of pink glittered paper - again this wasn't as wide as I needed so I cut it in the middle as the topper would cover the gap - this was then attached to the card covering the join between the two papers.

I used the Matting Basics dies for both the topper and the sentiment.  I die-cut and embossed the topper and grey mirri card, the topper was layered onto the mirri before being attached to the card front.   I stamped the sentiment onto a corner of the topper sheet of paper before die-cutting and embossing it.  This was then layered onto an embossed die-cut of grey mirri card and attached to the card front with silicone glue to give depth.

Kath x

8 comments:

Di said...

Great card Kath! Fab use of snippets of course, and a super entry into Cuttlebug Mania too. I like that you (like me) stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of the topper sheet - a perfect way to match the white!

Hugs

Di xx

Jo said...

Lovely card Kath....pretty papers & a fab image.
hugs Jo x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is so cute! Love the image and your colour combo!

Sue said...

Lovely card. I like the image.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

OttawaMom said...

Cute image and very pretty papers! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Seize the Birthday!

Anni said...

The patterned paper you used is so cute!
Thanks so much for joining the fun over at Seize the Birthday!
Anni

Sarn said...

Fab layout and cute image. love it. xxx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Kath, a fabulous design.
Pauline
x