Thursday 10 September 2015

Merry Christmas to You & Yours

The current challenge at Winter Wonderland is 'Add a Sentiment' and I've used one of my favourite stamps to make this card using the colours for the current Less is More challenge which is 'Green and Gold'.   The card and paper are from my snippets drawer, so I'm also popping across to the playground to see Sarn in the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 6" pearl 
Stamp: Inkadinkado ' Merry Christmas to You & Yours'
Die: Spellbinders  Nestabilities 'Wonky Rectangles'
Embossing: Clear embossing powder, Kars tan embossing mat
Ink: Versafine Olympia Green
Colouring: Gold gel pen
Snippets: Gold mirri and white pearl card, green/gold star paper

I layered a strip of paper onto gold mirri card and before attaching it to the card blank I scored down the edge to make a flat spine, which is a great idea I saw on Jane's blog.  I then attached the strip to the card front.  The sentiment was stamped and embossed onto white card.  This was die-cut and embossed before being layered onto a larger wonky rectangle and attached to the card front.   To finish I used a gold gel pen to colour the stars.

Kath x

13 comments:

Sue said...

Fab card Kath.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

Liz said...

A very classy card with a great sentiment. I love how you've added the green and gold panel down the spine. xx

Carol S. said...

Lovely card and very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card and love that sentiment.

Kath x

Jean said...

A lovely elegant card Kath, I like the super sentiment stamp, and the green and gold starry panel.
Jean x

Jo said...

Beautiful.....very elegant.
hugs Jo x

Anne said...

Fab sentiment Kath, and a super card!
Thank you for joining our colour challenge
Anne
Less is More

Sarn said...

That's a wonderful snippets Christmas card Kath. This flat spine is the latest trend in the Snippets Playground!

See you on the swings.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful layout and design Kath and great use of the colour combo.
Perfect sentiment and I'm thrilled we got almost everyone on the Christmas makes this week at LIM
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Kath, such an elegant design.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

Chrissie said...

Just lovely Kath, I love that edge panel!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jules said...

Hi Kath

What a lovely Christmas card .. .. love that sentiment stamp very much and your beautiful paper choices.

I hope all is well at your end.

Many thanks for all your lovely comments .. .. and my apologies for not getting to visit very much at the moment The weddings should be slowing down soon .. .. and I guess Christmas will take over then!!

Love Jules xx

Neets B said...

I love the wonky rectangles, they really make your sentiment stand out.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More