Sunday 13 September 2015

Stitched Butterfly

The current Butterfly Challenge is 'Y for Yarn' and I've used embroidery thread for my stitched butterfly.  The paper, card and thread are from my snippets drawer, so I'm also popping into the playground Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  I'm also entering Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white hammer
Stamp: Woodware 'Going to Seed'
Dies:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large and Classic Scalloped Circles Large
Embossing: Clear embossing powder, Kars tan embossing mat
Ink: Versafine Imperial Purple
Card:  Dark purple card
Other: Stitching Cards stitched butterfly pattern, pricking tool and mat, lilac gems
Snippets: White card, striped paper, embroidery thread

I layered the paper onto purple card and attached it to the card front.  I attached the butterfly pattern onto a snippet of white card and pierced it.  I then stitched it with lilac embroidery thread following the stitching instructions provided with the pattern.  The butterfly was then die-cut, embossed, layered onto an embossed scallop circle of purple card and attached to the card front.   I stamped the sentiment onto another snippet of white card and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  This was die-cut and attached to the card in the same manner as the butterfly, although I used foam tape to give some dimension.   To finish I added small lilac gems to the butterfly body and antennae.

Kath x

14 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hi Kath, this is perfect. I was hoping someone would make me a stitched Butterfly! I what a gorgeous colour and the backing paper is a lovley foil for your arrangement. thankyou for fluttering by hugs Mrs A.

Barb said...

This is absolutely beautiful Kath. Barbxx

Barb said...

This is absolutely beautiful Kath. Barbxx

Bonnie said...

A positively, perfect, purple butterfly! The stitching is amazing!

Sue said...

Kath, That is so pretty.

Hope you have had a nice weekend. Sue

Kathleen said...

Gosh how clever, this is just fabulous.

Kath x

Jean said...

I love this, your stitched butterfly looks so pretty.
Jean x

mamapez5 said...

A lovely bit of stitching, to make a very pretty butterfly. Kate x

Di said...

Wow Kath, this is just fabulous! You sure nailed Mrs A's challenge - as well as having a play on the swings of course :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Lovely fresh looking card Kath. xxx

KandA said...

Wonderful card Kath, such a super stitched butterfly and great design xx

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Kath, absolutely perfect for the challenge.
Pauline
x

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty...I have not tried a stitched card yet. I love the delicate feel of it...

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty...I have not tried a stitched card yet. I love the delicate feel of it...