Saturday 22 August 2015

Snowflakes

I made this card following the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch and as I've used snowflake paper I'm entering the Christmas Cards All Year Round 'Snowflake' challenge as well as another visit to the playground at Pixue's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 7" x 5" white silk 
Die: Presscut 'Merry Christmas'
Snippets: Gold mirri card and red snowflake paper

I layered a piece of red snowflake paper onto gold mirri card and, following the sketch, attached it to the card.   I then die-cut the sentiment and attached it to the lower edge of the paper.

Kath x

7 comments:

Sue said...

I love this one.

Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

Sammy said...

Love this! This kind of thing is so much harder than it looks! x

Di said...

Oh how I agree with Sammy, this is so much harder than it looks Kath. What a stunning card - I feel a batch of these coming on - once I work out the measurements properly - the hard bit :)

Hugs

Di xx

Leigh Penner said...

So classic and elegant! Wonderful take on the sketch!

KandA said...

This is fabulous Kath and a perfect cas card xx

Hazel said...

Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR August challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, I like this, Kath! That angled cut makes this so interesting! I love this sketch and must remember to use it sometime! A very elegant card with the gold accents!