Tuesday 25 August 2015

August Rudolph Day

It's hard to believe that this is the eighth Rudolph Day of the year - and here is my card!  As there are snowflakes on the card, I'm also entering the Christmas Cards All Year Round 'Snowflake' challenge.


Card blank: 6" x 4" white silk 
Die: Memory Box 'Grand Merry Christmas'
Punch: Woodware snowflake 
Card: White silk
Paper: Pink mistletoe and snowflake paper glitter paper
Other: Clear gems

I covered the card with the pink paper - the snowflakes and mistletoe berries were already glittered.  I die-cut the Merry Christmas and attached it to the bottom of the card.  I punched three snowflakes, attached them to the card and added clear gems to the centre of each.

Kath x

9 comments:

Sue said...

Kath, Another lovely card. I may just do some more to my pile of bits and bobs and actually start to make some:)

Hope you have a good day. Sue

Di said...

Lovely card Kath - and you used one of my very favourite Christmas dies perfectly!

You asked about the sticky stuff on the Stick-It adhesive sheets. and I know just what you mean. I think the trick is to handle the die cuts quite gingerly, especially if they have narrow strips like the candle one on my blog today. One touch and the sticky transfers itself to your fingers - or worse still to the shiny mirri card! Being a bit 'cack handed' I almost always work with tweezers and/or a pokey tool :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Happy Rudolph Day Kath! That die is such a good one and you've made a great card with it. xxx

KandA said...

Super card Kath. That is one of my favourite MB dies and so useful for batch making xmas cards xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Kath, I love this die and your papers are pretty.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Love the red and white and I do so love that die, fabulous card.

Kath x

Helen said...

Wonderful card Kath - love the traditional colours...and all those snowflakes!
Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Day fun!
Helen x
(Guest Designer)

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card. I do love the CAS design of it. Thank you for joining us this month at Christmas Cards all year Round.

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR August challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x