Tuesday 4 August 2015

Pastel Christmas

The current challenge at Merry Monday is to use 'Pastels' and I've used my new Woodware stamp - my OH gave me a lots of stamps and papers for my birthday present and this is one of them!   I've used snippets of card, paper and ribbon so I'm also popping across to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop to say hello to Eve.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk 
Stamp: Woodware 'Curly Christmas'
Punch: Woodware squared corner
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Other: Wink of Stella
Snippets: White card, turquoise, pink and lemon paper, pink ribbon

I trimmed the turquoise paper to fit the front of the card and wrapped pink ribbon around the left side before attaching it to the card.  An even smaller snippet of pink ribbon was tied around this to make a small bow.  The image was stamped onto white card, this was trimmed to size and the corners punched before it was attached to the card.  I then used snippets of turquoise, pink and lemon paper to paper piece the letters, holly and stars.  The   To finish, I highlighted sections of the letters, holly and stars with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

12 comments:

jasann said...

Love your card, the alphabet is terrific, thanks for joining us at Merry Monday

Sue said...

Kath, I love it. I really like non traditional Christmas cards.

Hope you have a good day. Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
my this is a very lovely Christmas card.
That stamp is a wonderful one to own.
Love the pastel colours used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Eve said...

Hi Kath
thank you so much for entering the playground with your fabulous card.
Wow! your paper piecing is amazing and the colours are co-ordinated perfectly - splendid!!
Eve xx

Kathleen said...

Love this card and the stamp which I have not seen before and I usually check out all Woodware new stamps but I will make sure that I have it for next year as I still make Christmas cards for the firsm I used to work for to send to their customers and as the firm is called CMS I could do those letters in totally different colours to the other letter so it would stand out as CMS, sorry to waffle there, got a bit carried away.
Great alternative Christmas colours.

Kath x

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such a great job with the paper piecing, it looks fabulous! Thanks for playing with our challenge at Merry Monday!

cotnob said...

Such a pretty Christmas card Kath, lovely pastel colours.
Pauline
x

Notes by Nina said...

I love this fun card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Susan Powell said...

What a fantastic card! I love those letters! I've never made a 6x6" card - it looks fantastic - I'll have to give it a try.

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this! Very fun card. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Wendy said...

Super cute card, Kath!! Love the design and how you colored it!! Fun card!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely Christmas card, I like the way you used the pastel colours. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.