The current As You Like It Challenge is 'Favourite Wild Animal' and squirrels are one of my favourite animals as they are so funny to watch. I was overjoyed to see a red squirrel on our visit to Angelsey last year and a friend bought me this lovely cross stitch kit so I could stitch my own red squirrel. After completing the stitching I decided to make it into a card to give to my friend and share the red squirrel joy!
To make this card I used:
5" x 5" white matt card blank
Heritage Crafts 'Little Friends - Red Squirrel' kit
My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' die
Snippet of brown textured card
Heritage Crafts 'Little Friends - Red Squirrel' kit
My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' die
Snippet of brown textured card
After stitching the red squirrel I set it aside to make the frame. I trimmed a piece of brown textured card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and die cut a stitched circle from the centre. I trimmed the fabric and used extra strong tape to attach the stitching behind the frame and then to attach the panel to the front of the card blank.
I am entering the following challenges:
Allsorts - All Creatures Great and Small
Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
Allsorts - All Creatures Great and Small
Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Wild Animal (the red squirrel is one of my favourites and I was so happy to see one last year)
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Animals
Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by a Song (my song is Red Squirrel by Steamer Lane)
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Animals
Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by a Song (my song is Red Squirrel by Steamer Lane)
Kath x
No comments:
Post a Comment