Saturday, 1 August 2026

To a Deer Friend

I was so pleased when my 'Another Christmas Pudding' card was the winner of the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown 'Embossing' challenge and the team invited me to be Guest Designer of the current Sketch challenge.





To make this card I used:
     C6 white matt card blank
     Practical Publishing 'Festive Friend' stamp and die set
     X-cut 'Small Polka Hearts' embossing folder
     Versafine Onyx Black ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Copics - E25, E31, E35, R20 & R29, W-1
     Snippets of white matt and red matt card

I trimmed a snippet of white matt card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.  I cut a one inch strip of white card the same width as the panel and embossed it with the hearts embossing folder.  I placed the panel into my MISTI and laid the strip across the centre so I could see where to position the sentiment.  I removed the strip and used black ink to stamp the sentiment before embossing it with clear embossing powder.  The panel was layered onto a slightly larger snippet of red matt card and attached to the card blank.  I used black ink to stamp Rudolph onto a snippet of white matt card before embossing it with clear embossing powder, cutting it with the coordinating die and then colouring it with Copics.   I then cut two more plain Rudolph images and layered them to give strength to the antlers and legs before attaching it to the left side of the card.  

I am entering the following challenges:
     Addicted to Stamps & More - Christmas
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmsa Goes

Kath x


No comments: