Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Pink, Pearls and Sparkle Hello

I was pleased when my Another Christmas Pudding card was the winner of the Pearly Sparkles 'Christmas in July' challenge and the team invited me to join them for their 'Pink, Pearls and/or Sparkle' challenge (my card uses all three, although it's not easy to see the sparkle).

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white hammer card blank
     Sizzix Framelits 'Floral Hello' stamp and die set
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Copics - RV02, RV21 & YG23
     Snippets of white matt card, and brown matt card
     Two small pearls
     Wink of Stella 

I die cut the 'hello' square from brown matt and attached it to the centre of the card blank.  I used brown ink to stamp the flowers onto a snippet of white matt card embossed them with clear embossing powder.  The flowers were cut with the coordinating dies before being coloured with Copics.  I didn't have a piece of card the same colour pink as the flowers so I used the two pink Copics to colour another snippet of white card and then die cut 'hello'.  I trimmed the ends of the die cut and attached it to the brown frame, offsetting it slightly to give a shadow effect.  I used foam pads to attach the flowers and added two small pearls to the centre.  To finish I added a Wink of Stella to the pink flowers and pink 'hello'.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Addicted to Stamps & More - Any Occasion
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Beautiful Blossoms - Anything Floral Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     
Snippets Playground - Challenge 540     

Kath x

No comments: