Friday, 21 August 2026

Flower Power Thank You

I made a quick 'Thank You' card this afternoon with lots stamped images from my oddments drawer.  Whenever I made a card I stamp more images and sentiments than I need (in case I make a mess of one) and anything that's unused goes in the drawer - which is now getting full and is in need of emptying!

To make this card I used:
     4" x 4" white matt card blank
     Uniko 'Flower Power #5' stamps and coordinating dies
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX Die-namics' die
     Versafine Habanero, Imperial Purple and Olympia Green
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Copics - Y38 & YG11
     Snippets of white matt card
     Wink of Stella

I used green ink to stamp the leaves and purple ink to stamp the flower onto a snippet of white matt card before embossing them with clear embossing powder.  I used Habanero ink to stamp the centre of the flower. but as it wasn't dark enough I used my orange Copic to add more detail.  I then cut the flower and leaves with the coordinating dies.  I used a stitched square die to cut another snippet of white matt card and placed it into my MISTI before laying the flower onto the panel so I could see where to place the sentiment.  I removed the flower, stamped the sentiment with purple ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The panel was attached to the centre of the card blank.  I coloured the leaves with a pale green Copic before attaching them to the card and used a foam pad to attach the flower.  To finish I added a Wink of Stella to the leaves and centre of the flower.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Addicted to Stamps & More - Any Occasion
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Krafty Chicks Challenge - CAS
     Simply Clean & Simple - Nature
     We Love Stamping - Summer Blooms

     
Kath x

10 comments:

Diane said...

OMGosh, this is so simply beautiful!!

Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Simply Clean & Simple Co-Owner

brenda said...

Perfect colour for the flower as it really pops from the elegant base layer, many thanks for joining us ay We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Pat said...

A really bold and pretty flower Kath with the spotted leaves and stem and a wonderful purple and yellow flower...a great 'thank you' card. x

Liz said...

A beautiful CAS floral card, Kath.
Liz xx

Jules said...

Hi Kath
I am pleased I am not the only one with duplicate die cuts / images / sentiments floating around their craft space. But on the up side they do make for quicker creations further down the line.
Your thank you card is lovely.
Beautiful colours.
Hope all is good at your end.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo

Ashwini Rao said...

I love the clean layout of your card. Your purple color looks lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at the Addicted to Stamps & More challenge!

pinky said...

This is such a pretty CAS card. I just love it.
Thanks for playing along with us at We Love Stamping.
Pinky

Sarn said...

A lovely clean and simple creation. Great thank you card xxx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT

corysnana said...

Love your floral CAS card, Kath. Great color choices and use of your Copics to add more contrast when needed. Thanks for playing along with Addicted to Stamps & More! Cathy ATS&M DT