Friday 13 January 2023

Partridge in a Pear Tree

This is my first Christmas card of the year - a 'Partridge in a Pear Tree' using lots of snippets.


To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white hammer card blank
     Creative Dies 'Partridge in a Pear Tree' and Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Standard Circles Large' dies
     Woodware corner rounder
     Diamond Stickles
     Snippets of white hammer card, brown pearlescent card, gold shimmer card and peach patterned paper

I trimmed the white card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and rounded the corners before die cutting a circle in the centre.  I layered a snippet of peach paper behind the aperture and attached the panel to the card.  I die cut the partridge from brown pearlescent card and attached it inside the aperture with Artist Tac.  I used the snippets of gold card to cut the leaves, pears, partridge body and eye before inlaying them.  To finish I highlighted the snowflakes the Diamond Stickles.

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - A for Anything Christmas
     Christmas Crafts All Year Round - A Partridge in a Pear Tree
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 445 Show us your Snippets (photo below)


Kath x

10 comments:

Joan said...

A lovely card, good start to your this years card stash! I always mean to make through the year but once I've had to clear away my card making supplies so we can use the dining room at Christmas I don't seem to get started again


Joan x

Sarn said...

Thanks for entering this fun die cut Christmas card as your Snippets Playground homework.

Please make your way up to the Treehouse for a celebratory drink xxx

meg said...

A beautiful diecut Kath,love your choice of cardstock and paper

Di said...

Gorgeous card Kath! The intricacy is stunning - a perfect head start on next Christmas! What a pretty focal die you used as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Kath, very stylish. I love the neutral colours. xx

Pat said...

This brown infilled with gold die cut partridge in a pear tree is very elegant against the peach coloured patterned paper Kath, and the white hammer card cut with a circular aperture shows it off so well. x

Deanne Saunders said...

A very sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Stamps and Paper said...

Gosh you are ahead of the game Kath...lovely card and die

Anne

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous card and I love that intricate die cut!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x

Janis Lewis said...

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round!
:) Janis, Design Team Member