Friday 27 January 2023

January Rudolph Day

It's time for the first Rudolph Day of 2023!  For the past few years I've enjoyed working to a theme for my Rudolph Day cards.  In 2017 I used images from a Lili of the Valley Art Pad, in 2018 my cards were 4" x 4", in 2019 all cards had a Christmas tree on them, in 2020 I used wet and/or dry embossing on my cards, in 2021 I used something that had been upcycled and last year all my cards used something that had been a cover gift with a magazine.  This year my theme will be 'Cross Stitch' and all cards will have a cross stitch design.

To make this card I used:
     4" x 4" white hammer card blank
     Hobbycraft 'Snowman' mini cross stitch kit
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' die
     Snippet of white hammer cad

After stitching the snowman I mounted the febric behind a circle aperture that had been die cut with a stitched die.  I attached a piece of white card to the inside to cover the back of the stitching.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Rudolph Day - January Challenge

Kath x

13 comments:

Pat said...

A great idea to choose a theme for your Rudolph Days entries of this year Kath, and your cross stitch pieces are always beautiful and I love your cute snowman. x

meg said...

Another beauty Kath,love your cross stitch cards

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
Happy Rudolf Days.
As always your theme each year is very lovely and this year it's just as fabulous.
Love the cross stitch on this wonderful card that snowman is so sweet.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Kath. Looking forward to seeing all your Christmas cross stitched cards in 2023. xx

Sue said...

Loving the jolly snowman.

LesleyG said...

That’s adorable Kath, and what a good idea to have a theme…..xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your cute snowman cross stitch card Kath he looks so happy in the snow

Anne

Sarn said...

Great idea to have a theme for your Christmas cards. I shall look forward to seeing all your lovely cross-stitched cards x

Sarn said...

Silly me . . . I forgot to say how lovely this first cross-stitched card with the cute snowman is. xxx

Becca Sadler said...

Wow! Cross-stitch work takes time, exactness, and patience!!! You've giving each card's receiver an extra gift of your love! Thanks for sharing at Merry Little Christmas! --Becca/DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card. Thank for in joining fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Valerija said...

Amazing card. You are so talented.

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Kath. Love the idea of sticking to a theme for the year!
Thanks so much for joining us for our Love to Craft Challenge #72 for January/February 2023.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions