Monday 16 January 2023

Christmas Foliage

A while ago I bought a 'job lot' of cross stitch kits from a charity shop and there was a part-used winter foliage kit amongst them.  I stitched the design on a new piece of aida but put it in my cross stitch drawer instead of making it into a card.  

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" cream hammer card blank
     Cross stitch 'Winter Foliage' (make unknown)
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Oval STAX Die-namics' die
     Snippet of cream hammer card.

The completed cross stitch was mounted behind an oval stitched aperture that had been die cut in the front of the card blank.  I added a piece of the same card behind the stitching to neaten the inside of the card.

Kath x

5 comments:

Pat said...

Gorgeous Kath, and having seen some of your beautiful work I am thinking I might have a go at some small pieces for cards as they do look so pretty, and I used to do a lot of cross stitching but haven't really done much for a good few years. Simply framed in this way works well, and lets the cross stitch do the talking. x

meg said...

A beautiful cross stitch in a gorgeous Christmas reds and greens

Mrs A. said...

That's a lovely design and what a great find from the charity shop. Hugs Mrs A.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful cross stitch Kath...lovely card

Anne

Sarn said...

Great charity shop find. Very pretty stitched design x