Sunday 1 May 2022

Special Birthday

I made this card for the Butterfly Challenge using the colours fawn and flame with my butterfly.

I die cut a frame from orange textured card using the two largest circle dies.  I attached a snippet of fawn paper to a snippet of white card and die cut a circle to fit inside the frame.  I also die cut an orange butterfly from another snippet of card.  I placed the circle into my MISTI and lay the butterfly on top so I could see where to position the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment in orange ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I attached the orange frame to the card, inlaid the fawn circle and attached the butterfly by its body so I could shape the wings.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blak
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' dies
     Practical Publishing Memory Box 'Springtime Butterflies' die
     Practical Publishing 'Stamps for All Occasions' sentiment stamp
     Versafine Habanero ink

     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder

I am entering the following challenges:
     Butterfly Challenge - F for Fawn & Flame (I have used the two colours with my butterfly)
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Seize the Birthday - Butterflies

Kath x

7 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Kath. I love the simplicity of the design. xx

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous CAS card Kath and love the colours. Pretty butterfly too. Hugs, Carol S. xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous CAS card - love that orange. Thanks for joining in at STB

Mrs A. said...

Always a pleasure coming and seeing your lovely cards. Thankyou so much for coming and playing in the garden with me. Hugs mrs A.

Sue said...

Really lovely card.

Nancy said...

Pretty card, Kathy! Lots of people don't like orange but I certainly do! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and for using the topping too!

Pat said...

Such a beautiful butterfly and love the circular matted frame Kath and a great sentiment to finish..the Habanero ink is the perfect colour. x