Monday 2 May 2022

If Friends Were Flowers

I made this card to send to Lucille for the April Card Chain Challenge using the Colour Option (Charcoal, Lime & Bumblebee) and the Theme Option (Spring & Friendship).

I die cut lots of spring leaves from snippets of yellow card, the foliage from green card and the loop embellishment from black card.  To make the flower I die cut a circle from white card for the flower base and attached it to my craft mat with a small piece of double sided tape.  I attached yellow leaves around the edge of the circle placing the solid leaves at the back and the cut out leaves on top.  I attached the green foliage over the top of the solid yellow leaves and then the black embellishments between the foliage.  I used black ink to stamp the sentiment onto white card and embossed it with clear embossing powder before die cutting it with a stitched circle die.  I layered the sentiment onto the centre of the flower before attaching it to the card blank.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card
     Practical Publishing 'Spring Leaves' dies (cover gift with Die Cutting Essentials 86 magazine)
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics)
     Crafter's Companion 'Sweet Florals' sentiment stamp
     Versafine Onyx Black ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail Embossing Powder
     Snippets of white matt card, yellow, lime green and black textured card 

I am entering the following challenges:
     Addicted to CAS - Friendship
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 427

This is the fabulous card I received from Brenda:

Kath x

16 comments:

Valerija said...

Wonderful card.

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful design, Kath! Love the way you layered the petals and leaves and fabulous sentiment!
And the card you received from Brenda is just as pretty!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Angelnorth said...

Love the way you created the flower from the individual die cut leaves and the little pop of black from the loopy element sets it all off perctly!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card with the circle backed by spring foliage - fun take on the colors, Kath!!

Pia S said...

This is a fun design, lots of die cuts used to make up one big flower, how clever! It is an eyecatching and cheerful card.

Sue said...

That is a lovely card.

brenda said...

So imaginative and so effective Kath, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week. I have a habit of forgetting my reveal post for CCC so need to sort that today.

B x

Di said...

Really lovely card Kath - tons of snippets used (hooray for snippets) and I really love the citrus colours!

Hugs

Di xx

HilaryJane said...

What a perfectly lovely wreath and what a great way to use die cuts and snippets, I love it. Your colours are fabulous too. Lucky you to receive a card from Brenda, her cards are always special xx

Pat said...

This circle of different die cut leaves and the central circle that wonderful sentiment and the loopy embellishment in black contrasts beautifully with the yellow and green leaves, and so dimensional too. A very pretty slimline card that you received from Brenda too. x

Linby said...

This is so pretty and I love the colour palette and the use of snippets. Thanks for taking part in my challenge week at Allsorts challenge. Lynn x

Sarn said...

This is such a pretty card Kath and I love that you used SO many
snippets on it. Die cutting is always a great way to use up scraps!

Thanks for playing in the Snippets Playground. I hope you enjoyed the May Day celebrations. xxx

Imke said...

Your wreath with the leaves looks fabulous. I like how you use the colors of the Challenge. I am happy to be parte of this fabulous challenge.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Liz said...

Wonderful card Kath, I love how you've created the frame. Brenda's card is lovely too. xx

Toni said...

What a cheerful wreath you've created with those leaves!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful and simple card that would brighten up anyone's day. Thanks for joining us at LTSCB
Tina DT