Thursday 26 May 2022

May Rudolph Day Challenge

It's time for another Rudolph Day card using a magazine cover gift (which is my theme this year).  This card uses a Hot off the Press stamp set that was a cover gift about ten years ago and is still one of my favourite Christmas stamps.  The lilac card was also a cover gift - it was the back of a card in a cross stitch kit.

I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card blank and die cut a rectangle from the centre.  I placed the lilac card into my MISTI and laid the frame over the top so I could place the reindeer and sentiment stamps in the centre.  I removed the frame and stamped the images a couple of times to get a good depth of colour.  I layered the paper behind the frame and attached it to the card.

To make this card I used:
     5.5" x 4.25" white matt card blank
     Hot off the Press 'Reindeer & Sentiment' stamps
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics' die
     Versafine Onyx Black ink
     Snippets of lilac card and white matt card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Rudolph Day - May Challenge

Kath x

10 comments:

meg said...

I can understand why this is a favourite stamp it's a beauty,love the lilac background and the framed base

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a fantastic card and a very beautiful design also.
Love the aperture with that wonderful stamped image.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Pat said...

Your flourishy leaping deer is so pretty on the lilac background Kath and with a good sized sentiment, and looks perfect in the stitched rectangular frame. x

Glennis F said...

Lovely card Kath, Christmas does not have to be red or green!

Sue said...

What a fab card. I love the leaping Reindeer.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Kath. Thanks for joining the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I love your wonderful card and it's beautiful design.
The colour background is very pretty and that stamped image is fabulous.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card Kath. Love the soft colour background and a perfect, stunning image. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

scrappymo! said...

I too love these soft colours. The image is lovely and thank goodness for these stamp positioners that allow us to get crisp stamps off the solid design type images. Your card is so pretty.
Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge!

Irena Stefanova said...

Beautiful, great design!
Thank you so much for joining in with us at Merry Little Christmas 44-th Challenge. I hope you will play along again.