Thursday 9 December 2021

Merry Christmas Mum

I had made a cross stitch Christmas card for my mum, but as she has recently told me she doesn't like cross stitch cards I thought I'd better make another card for her!  

I attached a piece of gold mirri card to the front of the card blank, leaving a small border around the edge.  I then cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the mirri and placed it into my MISTI.  I lay the tree stamp, 'Merry Christmas' and 'Mum' stamps onto the card and stamped them several times with dark green ink to get a good depth of colour.  I then embossed the tree and sentiment with clear embossing powder.  I used a gold gel pen to colour the decorations on the tree before attaching the panel to the gold mirri.

To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" white matt card blank
     Woodware 'Delightful Dangles - Christmas Tree', Clearly Besotted 'Cheerful Christmas' and Clearly Besotted 'Happy Birthday All' stamps
     Versafine Olympia Green ink
     Gold gel pen
     Gold mirri and white matt card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     We Love Stamping - Anything Goes with CAS option
     Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas Goes

Kath x  

12 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous Christmas tree stamp and sentiment for your mum,the CAS style is beautiful

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very elegant and festive card, love this unusual tree and I'm sure your Mum will love it too! :)
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping December challenge!
https://www.welovestamping.co.uk/

Carol S. said...

Love the tree stamp and a gorgeous CAS card Kath. I am sure your Mum will love it. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Sarn said...

Wonderful Christmas card for your mum. Like the gold coloured decorations.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

JulieP said...

I love that tree image. (haven't seen it before!) Beautifully elegant card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Christmas challenge blog!

brenda said...

What a very elegant Christmas card Kath, I've not seen that stamp before and it really is lovely. Many thanks for joining in our December theme at We Love Stamping.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kath, I'm sure your Mum will love this one.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

LesleyG said...

Beautiful card Kath, hope she appreciates this one! ;) xxx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, I love this design.

Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

coldwaters2 said...

This is a beautiful it looks so elegant and classy thank you for joining us at WE LOVE STAMPING
hugs
lolo x

Pat said...

This is a very pretty stylised tree stamp by Woodware and I love the dark green and gold together..so elegant and I'm sure your Mum will love it Kath. x

Mervi said...

Sweet and stylish cas card! Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m