Monday 6 December 2021

JOY

I'm still trying to catch up with making Christmas cards as well as using as much as possible from my snippets mountain.

For this card I embossed a piece of white card and trimmed around the edges before layering it onto a piece of red embossed card and attaching it to the card blank.  I die cut JOY from red card and attached the 'J' and 'Y' to the centre of the panel.  I die cut three poinsettias from red card, layered them and attached them to the centre of the card.  To finish I die cut seven small gold dots and attached them to the centre of the poinsettia.

To make this card I used:   
     6" x 4" white matt card blank
     Creative Expressions 'Festive Collection - Joy', All Occasion Dies 'Small Poinsettia' and Memory Box 'Mini Holly Leaves'
     Xcut 'Swirls' embossing folder
     Snippets of dark red embossed card, white matt card and gold mirri

I'm not entering any challenges with this card as I CASEd it from Darnell's JOY card in her Christmas Parade - thank you for the inspiration Darnell!

Kath x

6 comments:

meg said...

An elegant CAS design Kath

Sarn said...

A beautiful festive make.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Carol S. said...

A brilliant CAS card Kath. Love the texture and the beautiful flower. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Pat said...

This is a really elegant and pretty CAS card Kath, and love the background embossing with the red poinsettia flanked by the letters to spell 'Joy', a great idea. x

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely card.

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Kath red and white are so eye catching....love the simplicity of your card too.

Anne