Thursday 23 December 2021

Blue Bauble

A quick Christmas card today using a new die I bought to make some last minute cards.

I trimmed a piece of white card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and die cut the bauble from the centre.  I trimmed a snippet of pale gold paper so it was slightly smaller than the panel and sprayed it with Spray & Sparkle.  When the paper had dried I placed it to the rear of the white panel and attached it to the card front.  I die cut and embossed the bauble from a snippet of dark blue pearlescent card and inlaid it into the card front.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6"white matt card blank
     Xcut 'Large Ornate Bauble' die
     Snippets of white matt card, dark blue pearlescent card and pale gold paper
     Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Winter
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - December Challenge
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     NBUS - Challenge 33 (my new bauble die)
     Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas Goes

Kath x

12 comments:

Pat said...

This is a gorgeous bauble and love the gold and blue together and the Spray and Sparkle has given the gold paper a brilliant sparkle to go with the pearlescent finish on the blue..a beautiful card! Thank you for all your visits during the year and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Kath. x

meg said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Kath,a beautiful colour combo and diecut bauble

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Kath. I love the colours you've used. xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous bauble and fab colour scheme - it’s a brilliant CAS card. Thankyou for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week
Pauline xx

Carol S. said...

That's an amazing bauble Kath. Love the colour and the design on the bauble. A gorgeous card. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Sarn said...

Just love this bauble card Kath. Nice “statement” die.

Thanks for joining in with the Allsorts challenge.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

Oh, Kath, this is magnificent! I'll bet the shine and texture in person is remarkable! I can just imagine running my fingers over it and I'll bet doing all that inlay was therapeutic. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love and holiday Hugs, Darnell

LesleyG said...

Lovely card, lovely detail, merry Christmas Kath xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful bauble card Kath and I love the colours

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas

Anne

brenda said...

A lovely seasonal creation Kath, thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas, stay safe and well and thanks also for your support of the challenges in 2021.

B x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kath, a very elegant bauble.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

JulieP said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS die challenge!