Monday 29 April 2024

Sparkle and Shine at Christmas time

I came across this stamped image in the bottom of my oddments drawer and saw it had been stamped on a piece of Craft UK card from a 6" x 6" card blank (if I make a one layer card that ends up in the bin, I cut the back off to make a panel for another card).  However, I've recently bought a new pack of Craft UK card blanks and they're a different card - they're much whiter and have a shiny surface.  Luckily I had got one remaining card blank from an old pack for this card, but it does mean that my white snippets don't match the new card blanks!


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Woodware 'Bubble Bloom - Festive Tree' stamp
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Gold, Marine & Violet Promarkers
     Wink of Stella
     Snippet of white hammer card     

The tree had been stamped onto white card with brown ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I trimmed the panel so it was slightly smaller than the card blank. I used gold, marine and violet Promarkers to colour the baubles on the tree before attaching the panel to the front of the card.  To finish I added a couple of layers of Wink of Stella to the baubles to add a bit of glitter.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - ~Anything Goes
     As You Like It Challenge - Clean or Fussy (I much prefer making CAS cards - the more white space the better!)
     Christmas Craft Creations - Non-Traditional Colours
     Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Non-Traditional Colours

Kath x  

4 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous make Kath

Pat said...

Really bright and pretty colour for bubble tree Kath and a very apt sentiment to go with it. x

Jules said...

Hi Kath

Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I just know we are going to be really happy in our new home .. .. despite there being a lot for us to sort out.

Loving your card very much. My oldest Son recently sent me this stamp set as part of a birthday package of crafting goodies .. .. looking forward to Christening it one day soon along with the other lovely contents of the package.

Great colour choices!

Hope all is good at your end.

Love Jules xx

Lynne in NI said...

Love it Kath!
Yes it's amazing how many shades of white there are, and some listed as white but then they actually look cream against a different white base!