Tuesday 2 April 2024

Black, White and Orange Hello

I made this card to send to Daja for the March Card Chain Challenge.  I used the Colour Option (Black, White & One Colour of Your Choice - my choice was orange) and the Theme Option (Friendship).


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Altenew 'Simply Hello' and Tattered Lace 'Mini Butterfly' dies
     Forever in Time 'Vintage 2 Perfect Prints' paper
     Snippets of white matt card and orange card (oops, I forgot to take a photo!)

I trimmed a piece of black and white paper to 5" x 5", layered it onto orange card and attached it to the card blank.  I die cut 'hello' from snippets of both orange and white card, the white die cut was attached to the orange 'hello' creating a shadow effect and attached to the top corner of the card.  I die cut two small butterflies from white card and two from orange card.  The white butterflies where layered onto the orange butterflies and attached to the front of the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 477

This is the lovely card I received from Jeanne:

Kath x

10 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the die cut butterflies to echo the ones on the paper, this looks great Kath!

meg said...

Fabulous trio of colours and card

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and script paper,love the one from Jeanne too.
Carol x

Di said...

Lovely card Kath - when I enlarged the image I could see that your sentiment and butterflies have a beautiful orange 'shadow' - so cool! Clever girl.

Hugs
Di xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card Kath, lovely design and I love the pops of orange. xx

Sarn said...

A very striking card made with your snippets. Love it.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

HilaryJane said...

You have used your one other colour so well on this one. Love it xx

Pat said...

A very pretty chalkboard type look using this paper, and the red matted layer, and also behind the white diecut 'Hello' adds a wonderful pop of colour Kath. A pretty card you received from Jeane too. x

Arlene said...

What a fun pop of color on this card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful black/white paper - perfect for your layered sentiment and lacy butterflies, Kath - love this!!